InTTENSITY Federal Social Media Summit
for the 2nd Annual InTTENSITY Federal Social Media Summit as we take on tough topics centered
around social media's impact on politics, emergency preparedness, social engagement, and citizen privacy rights.
Announcing our morning keynote: John Daley, Deputy Superintendent and CTO, Boston Police Department
John Daley is the Deputy Superintendent and Chief Technology Officer for the Boston Police Department,
and has served with Boston PD since 1983. Superintendent Daley will start the day off by discussing the social media techniques
that were used to respond to the Boston Marathon attack, and the role that social media played during the investigation.
Last year’s event focused on social media’s advantageous role in aiding the federal government to measure and track issues
regarding societal disputes, natural disasters, and public sentiment, as well as gaining an understanding of both domestic and
Attend this event to hear from several government and industry thought leaders,
- John Daley, Deputy Superintendent and CTO of the Boston PD, who will give our keynote speech on the role of social media in
response to the Boston Marathon attack
- Richard Marshall, former NSA legislative liaison, who will discuss policy legalities of social media privacy
- Jim Dear, Senior Principal Staff at MITRE, who will touch on using social media to speed up emergency response times
- Barry Costa, Nahum Gershon, Jim Craft, and CAPT Dylan Schmorrow, who will all be on the panel discussion centered around how the
federal government is utilizing social media
- Ian Hersey, CTO at InTTENSITY, who will speak on social engagement and
what agencies can learn from the industry to analyze public sentiment in the aggregate.
Registration and Breakfast
Boston Marathon Attack and Social Media's Role in the Investigation
Panel Discussion—Broadcast vs. Conversational Use of Social Media
Emergency Preparedness—Utilizing Social Media to Speed Up Response
Social Engagement—Analyzing Public
Sentiment in the Aggregate
Privacy Rights and Concerns of
Registration is from 7:30am to 8:15am.
Discussion will start promptly at 8:15am.
We look forward to seeing you
InTTENSITY Government at
Carahsoft Technology Corp.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
7:30am - 11:30am
Crystal Gateway Marriott
1700 Jefferson Davis
Arlington, VA 22202